How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2838
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

If I fail in one module and give the exam again iby

This answer was rated:

If I fail in one module and give the exam again iby December.. and my visa get expired by Jan 2021.. can I apply for psw without getting the result for the paper

Hi Welcome to JA

I am a UK Lawyer and will be happy to assist you today

The bot***** *****ne is that you must pass your exam in December of this year. The PSW is schedule to come in July of this year and it is a requirement that you must have completed your course of studies in order to apply and obtain this visa.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But I have failed that exam and I would be getting the result by Jan end or Feb in that case how can I extend my visa? To apply for psw

The Home Office must be satisfied the following requirements are met;

  • You do not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability
  • You studied with a High Education Provided with a Tier 4 Student licence
  • You have successfully completed a UK bachelor’s degree, Master’s level or a professional course – equivalent to degree level or above
  • You are applying from inside the UK
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Would failing in one exam be a big issue or cause for refusal I am really worried on it. As I am not even able to get a job to switch my visa to tier 2

PSW will be introduced in July this year. It is not going to be phased out.

Therefore, before your visa expires if you do not get your result you will need to apply for a extension using form FLR HRO and explain why you have applied as you are waiting for your results. Once you pass and have the application, you will need to apply for PSW visa and withdraw the FLR HRO application

You must complete your course - the rules will come in July and would set out the exact requirements and the policy guidance documents on the visa itself.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks alot that is great help. Just one more question being failed in one exam does not decrease my chances of visa if I clear my course after extending my modules right?

You should not focus on failing but passing the exam as failing one module and not passing your course of studies is more likely you may not be able to apply for PSW visa. If you clear your course by passing you will of course have a better prospect of success in getting your visa.

Good luck and wish you the very best!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
One more thing, I am expecting my child in December after that would I need to apply for my child visa as well and do I need to apply for visa for him or he/ she can legally stay here?

Yes if your child is born in the UK, he/she will be able to apply and get the same leave as you

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks alot... Take care


Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If we want to move to australia from here can you please tell me what all ways we have and how can we make an application and what all is the procedure?

I am unaware of this process

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can you guide me on filing for tier 1 global talent visa... What are the requirements and how I need to apply?

The UK Global Talent visa is for talented and promising individuals in the fields of science, engineering, medicine, humanities, digital technology and arts and culture wishing to work in the UK. The Global Talent visa category replaces the former Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) category.

In your case you must have valid visa before you can apply

If you can open up a new question and mark for myself Lawyer 21. Thank you

Lawyer21 and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you