How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 956
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

Visa conversion advice from tier 4 to tier 2 dependant UK,

This answer was rated:

visa conversion advice from tier 4 to tier 2 dependant UK
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: none yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: no I have an option to convert to tier 2 Visa via a job offer and I have another option to convert to tier 2 dependant visa via my partner
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no just the choice between conversion from Tier 4 general visa to Tier 2 Independent vs Dependant tier 2 visa
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My current issues : which visa is better regarding stability , work restriction and whether I need to return to home country to reapply for visa again .

Good evening, I will be assisting with your question today. Would you like to know which one may be more beneficial for you? I mean either Skilled worker or Skilled worker dependant visa?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Evening , my partner work as doctor, she has a tier 2 general with ristricted work
i am on tier 4 and i have COS to go to my own tier 2 v/s if i take ytier 2 from her as dependent
My main cincerns are
1) would i get a ristricted work BRP if i go to tier 2 dependent?
2) would i need to go back to home country or can i stay in UK an eirther cases?
3) would my clock for ILR restart on anycase? like i join training etc?
4) how much time does it tae to get the tier 2 dependent visa after application?thank you very much
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
given both we both are doctors


1) If you will choose your Skilled worker Visa you will be restricted with your work, if you will choose to be dependant on your partner's visa, you will not have restrictions with regards ***** *****

2) You will not need to go to your country to apply for either of the routes.

3) Student visa does not lead to settlement anyway. You will be eligible to apply for ILR either after 10 years of long legal residence in the UK or spending 5 years on either route.

4) You should get a decision within few weeks.

Please let me know if everything is clear. Thank you

Tamari SL and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thank you very much everything is clear

You are most welcome! Good luck

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thankyou for replying to my previous queries one lat thing i want to know is would i be able to take a training job as a doctor on a dependent tier 2 visa or would i need to go back to my own visa for that, and if so what will happen to my ILR clock?

Good evening, I have just seen your text. It was restricted before but it is now not in the rules.

Your ILR clock will be the same as I have explained above.