ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Are you a bot or a real person? Can i apply for uk visa if

Hey
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Are you a bot or a real person?
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Can i apply for uk visa if the residency of the country that i am living in is about to expire
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I live in jordan
Hi, welcome to JA, I am Readylaw one of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
are you a bot or a real person?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are you there?
Thanks for your patience and enquiry.
You are required to be legally resident in the country at the time you apply. The fact that the residency is about to expire is not detrimental providing that at the time you apply you have the requisite residency in the country.
Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
if my Jordanian residency ends in 2 months or so (i am Pakistani btw)
but i apply for uk visa right now
will it get denied
or will it get approved
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I wouldn't care if it got denied right now
but since i have to pay about 500 pounds for the visa
I need to make sure that it doens't get rejected.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ready law are you here?
If you apply now while legally resident in Jordan, then as stated earlier your application would not be rejected because of this.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok
thats very helpful
And is there a document that gives proof for this
like a website or paper that has this concept cleared up
There is document that I can refer you to.You are welcome. Happy I was able to help
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
sorry for being annoying but can you approve that in this situation everything (related to uk visa) will work outMy plan is to apply for uk visa right now
My residency is ending in july 12
Our plan is to go to uk for holidays and meeting family from June 17 till the end of july.
We will get our visa now then renew our residency (We're renewing our residency before going because Jordan just made a rule that if your residency expires while you're in a different country, you don't get to come back for 5 years)which will be done in about 1 and a half months then leave for uk.
I can only tell you what the law is as I understand it. I have given you guidance based on my personal understanding of the law. I cannot approve my guidance as I am not employed to the Home Office or personally instructed by you in this circumstance. You are welcomed to get a second opinion if you have doubts about the guidance given so far.