Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I am a Pakistani living in Jordan due to work I intend on

I am a Pakistani living in Jordan due to work
I intend on going to the uk for holidays this summer with my family
But i have a question
My Jordanian residency is ending in about 2 months
And Jordan just made a rule that if your residency expires while you're in a different country, you don'tget to come back for 5 years.
I need to know, if i am to apply for uk visa and provide them my residency (which is about to expire in 2 months) will the visa get rejected or accepted?
I wouldn't care if it got denied right now
but since i have to pay about 500 pounds for the visa
I need to make sure that it doesn't get rejected.
If you ask why i don't just apply for visa after i renew my residency, its because the residency process will take me about 1 and a half month and on top of that uk visa will take 2-3 weeks. And my organization, which will be the people paying for the flight, need to be informed about the trip 15 days before leaving.
And by that time, by kids summer vacation will end.
Question: If i am to apply for uk visa and provide them my residency (which is about to expire in 2 months) will the visa get rejected or accepted?

Further to your question, it is very likely that the visa will be rejected if your residency expires in 2 months. Kindly note the reason is you will not be able to prove that you have ties to your country of residency including a job.

Kind Regards

I am glad I could assist you today and many thanks for visiting the Just Answer website.

All the best

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How sure are you with your answer?
Because i asked another expert on this website and they said that the visa won't get denied.

I am sure of my answer and I cannot comment on an answer provided by another expert. I deal with Visitor Visas on a daily basis and have personally seen a refusal where there has been less than 6 months left on a work visa from the Middle East and the gentleman was a Pakistani National.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
oh ok
Thanks for the clarification.

I am glad I could assist