How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7872
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I want to live in the uk but im not sure if i need a visa to

This answer was rated:

I want to live in the uk but im not sure if i need a visa to vist and how long to stay there
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm an american citizen, and most visa's i cant apply for until i get a job
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i can think of


I am a UK solicitor and will assist you today.

You may visit the UK for 6 months in every period of 12 months without a Visa, but entry is always subject to the discretion of UK border officials.

May I help further?

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
please, so Hypothetically speaking say I enter the UK and now I’m looking for a job what visa do I need to apply for? And would that be the same kind a visa I would use if I was going to further my education?