LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My mother has a residence permit and has been living with my

Hello, my mother has a residence permit and has been living with my father as her spouse. My father passed away in Juky 2020, her residence permit expires 19/06/2021. She lives with me (both my parents) lived with me, I need to transer her visa to a family visa as she is over 65 and I take care of her (I am her daughter and a British Citizen)
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have taken no steps, no paperwork, I have only advised the government of my father is deceased. I live in the UK. I am a british citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She is solely dependent on me and has no inocome or support in South Africa

Good afternoon, sorry for your loss. What was your father status in U.K. such as British or held a visa?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
British cirizen

She maybe eligible for settlement when spouse dies. I will contact to discuss further.

I tried calling please let me know suitable time to call back.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Helloo
Could you call me now please

As per our conversation please see link.

https://www.gov.uk/visas-partner-dies