Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

As a tier 4 student, is it possible to switch from a tier 4

Hello. As a tier 4 student, is it possible to switch from a tier 4 visa to a tier 2 visa before your course expires? I have already completed a masters degree in the Uk and I am currently studying for a specialised Masters. I have gotten a tier 2 job offer, so will it be possible to switch immediately?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: 1. No steps right now
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

It is possible to switch from within the UK from tier4 to tier 2 visa ( skilled worker visa) if you have been offered a job by a UK licensed sponsored employer .

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your response. I am aware of this, but what if I have not finished the course, can I switch to tier 2?

Yes, if you have managed to get a skilled job in the UK, with your incomplete study course.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay thank you

You are welcome. Have a nice day. Best wishes.