How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1492
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

First of all is this a real person answering or chatbot? My

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: first of all is this a real person answering or chatbot?
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: My question is that can council tax can be counted as a utility document?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: nope
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope

Good afternoon, yes a council tax bills counts as proof of residence in U.K. and utility.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thanks. My actual question is a bit more detailed. I got my ILR last year after 5 years spent under Tier 2 general visa. And, now my wife and daughter (6) need to apply for ILR under PBS dependent route. We are married and live in the same house, but we don't hold a jointly bank account or any other utility bill other than council tax. In the Set (O) application for there is a family consent form and it's asking the following questions:"Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?" - I said NO, to this as we don't have a joint bank account or utility bill (unless council tax can be counted as a utility bill).Then within the consent form there are 3 sections, part 1 clearly needs to be filled by my wife as she's the main application. But, I am confused if I need to put my name for Part 2 (details given below) or leave it blank as it's not applicable.Part 2:PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
If any information or documentation provided n is in the joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration:
The above-named person (‘the applicant’) has given the Home Office information or documentation and agreed that the Home Office can check that such information or documentation is genuine and/or correct. I am a joint owner with the applicant of some or all of that information or documentation.
I understand that information about the applicant may also reveal information about me.
I agree to the provider of the information or documentation giving the Home Office relevant data (including personal data) that it holds about me. I understand that this only covers data about me in my capacity as joint owner of the relevant information with the applicant (and not about any other information it may hold about me either in my capacity as an individual or jointly together with a third party) and is limited to:
 such relevant data as is necessary to confirm that the information or documentation that the applicant has supplied is genuine and correct;
 if that information or documentation is not correct, relevant data relating to any irregularities, inaccuracies or discrepancies in the information or documentation that the applicant has provided, including as to the correct information that the provider of the information holds.
I understand that this information or documentation may be used to make a decision on the application and for related purposes.
Name and address of joint owner

Third party will not be filled unless you have a third party to the application therefore left bla

You would need to sign one of the consent forms as a sponsor.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you