LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

A 52-year-old Brazilian lady friend of mine lives and works

Customer Question

Good morning!
A 52-year-old Brazilian lady friend of mine lives and works full-time in Brazil as a teacher and has an Italian passport. Due to Covid-19, since 20/03/20 she has been required to work online only. I live alone and, as I have had some serious health issues during the past 12 months, I invited her to London to take care of me. She arrived on 06/07/20 as a visitor, flew back to Brazil on 10 November 2020 to see her family, and then came back to London on 25/12/20 (using the electronic gates at the airport) to look after me as I needed to undergo two surgeries this year. As return to school in Brazil is planned for beginning of August of this year, ideally she would like to fly back from London to Brazil at around 20 July. Is she allowed to stay until that date or does she need to leave the country by 24 June 2020, i.e. 6 months after her last entry? In the latter case, if she leaves the country before 24 June and comes back again a few days later, is there a risk of her not being allowed back into the UK? She has an open ticket from London to Brazil and proof of a full time job there.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 17 days ago.

Good morning, as she entered the U.K. on 25 December 2020 she would need to leave by 24 June and then can return after another 6 months as if she tries to return beforehand she can be refused entry that she is frequently coming and has the intention to live in U.K.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 17 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!