How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7962
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Need advice in regard to making an application in Nr.

Customer Question

Need advice in regard to making an application in Nr. Ireland for a non-EU national and non - British citizen to change their existing work visa that expires the end of June to change for a residence visa because of intending civil partnership to a existing EU Irish citizen who is currently living in northern Ireland, what is the procedure of application?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps have being taken as yet. I am a Irish Republic citizen EU who resides in Northern Ireland but my intended partner is here on a existing work visa from Ukraine which expires the end of June and want to stay here as we intend to form a legal civil partnership?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the work visa?
Customer: No the existing work visa was for 6 months only
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just need to know urgently if that Ukrainian can stay in Northern Ireland after the existing visa expires or not?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.


I am a solicitor and will try and help.

Do you live together with this person? If yes, for how long?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, not at present, she lives in Armagh city where here fellow workers live! Her work visa expires on the 24th of this month, can she stay as we intend to form a civil partnership asap! ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.

You may try and get into a civil partnership before her visa expires and she applies for a family visa, otherwise she would need to try and extend her work visa pending your civil partnership. May I help further?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

I hope my response was helpful.

All the best