LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My problem is that my tier 2 visa likely expires before my

Customer Question

Hello, my problem is that my tier 2 visa likely expires before my employer will provide me the new CoS number. What should I do? I am in the UK and have a new job offer. Could I apply without this number and send it later?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Ukrainean, live 8 years in the UK. I've just learned that I need ATAS before the university will give me CoS
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: Not yet. I am just trying to do this now
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Do not know what to add. My current visa expires in 14 days. The employer is Imperial College London and the position is research assistant for 4 years
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

Good morning, you can make renewal application up to 1 day before expiry if you will not get the ATAS in time you can put in human rights then switch before you receive a decision on the human rights. You will become an overstayer if you do not make application before expiry date.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!