LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

This is my status I am a Canadian citizen, I've got UK

Customer Question

Hello So this is my status I am a Canadian citizen, I've got UK Visitor Visa(M)
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: My partner just moved to UK on European settlement scheme (Family Permit) from Pakistan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: no I want to go to UK and marry my partner in UK, as it won't be possible for my partner to travel to Canada and marry me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hey no i don't have a mobile number provided in my profile so i want to talk here in Chat
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

Good morning, if you have obtained the marriage visitor visa then this will give you 6 months in the U.K. to get married once married then you would need to return back to home country and apply for the spouse visa.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

When are you planning to come to the U.K.?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I know about the UK marriage visa, What if I am in the UK on a visitor visa, can't I marry then?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

You cannot marry on standard visitor visa.