How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1746
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

This is my status I am a Canadian citizen, I've got UK

Customer Question

Hello So this is my status I am a Canadian citizen, I've got UK Visitor Visa(M)
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: My partner just moved to UK on European settlement scheme (Family Permit) from Pakistan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: no I want to go to UK and marry my partner in UK, as it won't be possible for my partner to travel to Canada and marry me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hey no i don't have a mobile number provided in my profile so i want to talk here in Chat
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

Good morning, if you have obtained the marriage visitor visa then this will give you 6 months in the U.K. to get married once married then you would need to return back to home country and apply for the spouse visa.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

When are you planning to come to the U.K.?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I know about the UK marriage visa, What if I am in the UK on a visitor visa, can't I marry then?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

You cannot marry on standard visitor visa.