Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

Pre settled, No, no, visitator visa

Customer Question

Pre settled
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: visitator visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

Good morning, please clarify your question and I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Good morning, my mum came from Romania in uk last month, last time she came in uk was in 2019
Could she apply for pre settled status ?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

Did she come on a visitor visa on both occasions?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

Alright, by law, she could apply for a pre-settled status now if she was issued with a settlement route family permit first.

Although, I have seen many cases where applications were approved regardless.

She could try applying for now but the chances of success are not high and it may be refused.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Si should we try and apply for a pre settled status and if rejected could we try to switch from visitator visa to family visa while in uk ? I have settled status already
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

No, she will not be able to switch to a family visa from within the UK. Adult family dependant visas must be made from outside the UK.

There are concessions at present due to COVID19 but it may be removed at that time.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
what’s the best to do now ?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

she could apply for a pre-settled status as I have stated above but you will be taking the risks. With regards ***** ***** adult dependant visa, she will require to leave the UK and apply from Romania.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Would they take in consideration that she was here in 2019 ? Due to COVID she couldn’t travel in 2020
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

I understand but she was here on a visitor visa not on a family permit visa, therefore it will not be taken into consideration by the Home Office, unfortunately.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok I will try and apply tomorrow, thank you for your help
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

I wish you good luck!