Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

My wife is non EU citizen and has applied for a EUSS family

Customer Question

My wife is non EU citizen and has applied for a EUSS family permit to join me. Meanwhile, she has obtain an EU citizenship recently.
She was in the UK on a short term visa for a couple of weeks in December 2020. Can she apply to PSS with her EU passport despite an ongoing family visa application?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

Good evening and thanks for your patience. May I ask when your wife obtained an EU nationality? Thank you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi April 2021
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

Good evening, unfortunately, obtaining a pre-settled status under EU law, in this case, will not be possible. If your wife was an EEA national before 31.12.2020 then it would be different.