LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My friend is stick in France and cannot come to uk which he

Customer Question

My friend is stick in France and cannot come to uk which he has a visa for as he has not a visa for France ......the pandemic stopped flights so he came across countries from Portugal to get here ....he got angry when they called him a terrorist as he was in the USA army and hit someone they fined him for it ..he suffers PTSD and theyvare keeping him.tgete until he pays fines he has his cheques to cash but has to get home to do it they won't let him.leave.....we cannot afford to pay the £2000 fine they gave him we cannot also keep his hotel paid ......
JA: What steps has your friend taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your friend live in? If different, what is his citizenship?
Customer: He has a UK visa to come here but the pandemic us why his coming accross country as there were no planes coming into stansted and we were not allowed to travel to other parts of country
JA: Has your friend talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: He is a USA citizen
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: TG hey say that he is there illegally
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We asked that he can get home to cash his cheques to pay the fine ...as we his sister or I do not have money for fine im
pensioner and she has 3chikdren to care for
We have done our best now he did have euroticket to come to uk
He was meant to fly and didn't know he needed a visa ...I live in uk and never knew about a visa
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I feel his health us suffering and he isn't eating enough to sustain a child no matterxabout a man
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you help please as to what to do
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Can you use email m***@gmail.com

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please ...thanks
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Oh they are threatening to send him back to portugal instead of letting continue his journey
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It's cost us a lot of money to get him.there as the flights were all cancelled due to virus ....I feel they are putting him at risk keeping him there in light of the covid ...he has tested clear in ever test he has had and that's a lot
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
They keep testing hi. Which he has to pay for but not allowing him to go forward as he has tested negative and we are paying everytime for one then they don't allow it
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok I will wait
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

Good morning, due to the incident with him hitting someone as he has been issued with a fine unfortunately he would need to pay otherwise border force can refuse him to continue his journey as this does not show compliance.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

How long has he been in France and is he in a detention centre?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
His been there 6wweks he cannot pay until he can cash his cheques and he needs to be here or USA to do it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He has been there 6weeks we can no longer help and he will be on the streets with nothing to eat ....
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The officers there insulted him ....called him a terrorist kept saying that to.him.when in fact he was fighting against terrorism in the USA army
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What they did to him was disrespectful and unproffessional and I know he should not have hit him ...he regrets thatn
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

Sorry to hear the above that he has been tested like that. He would need to find a way for someone to help him with the fine.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We have tried it's 2000£
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I think thats a bit steep
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

There are fines in place therefore unfortunately that’s what would be required to be paid.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He has the money in cheques we offered to pay 100 a month to pay it off for himm
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But they won't except that either ...catch 22
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He suffers from PTSD as well this is not good for him
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
he has no way to get help not financially but to get the fine reduced and his going to be on the streets today ....he us not in detention centre he has passport and also the visa to enter UK however with the time it's taken to get anywhere near here due to covid ...that will expire soon
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it's not been used !!!!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I hoped there may have been a human rights issue here ....they are forcing him to stay even though he has said he will pay he even said I will leave one of my cheques with youbas security to hat I will come back to pay you ...they wouldn't do that either
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
They're actions are making him destitute ..on the streets no food no anything
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Disgusted
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Anyways thanks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
His sister has 3kids to support I am a pensioner and don't have that sort of money
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

Have you provided immigration with his medical records?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I think he has
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

I suggest as it’s a complex case you instruct Solicitor from law society . I will send f

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He was also shot in the line of duty and is in constant pain
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

When there are medical factors this can be used as a factor for release.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/?Pro=True

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He is not being held but they have all his documents passport etc
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm worried about him being on streets
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

They will not issue his passport and documents back unless the matter is resolved.