How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2698
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I was involved in prosecution case in guernsey 11 years ago.

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** was involved in prosecution case in guernsey 11 years ago. Now I can't get EU settlement status because of that. They sent me an email in 2019 saying the case is still going.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I didn't go to court I left country and haven't been back there since
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have lived in UK past I would say 10 years
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I haven't spoken to anyone, can't get through homes office. I wanted to know if I need a lawyer to contact guernsey police about my case
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Any information?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's ok thank you
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 8 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

I find it strange that you would have an ongoing prosecution for 11 years and it has remained unresolved. You would need to have a solicitor follow this up in Guernsey for you particularly in light of the fact that it is affecting your immigration status in the UK. If a matter is ongoing for so long, steps can be taken, by a solicitor, for it to be concluded.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 days ago.

You are welcome. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again. Have a great day.