How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 974
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

I'm leaving in UK for last 16 years. I am polish citizen, I

Customer Question

Hi I'm leaving in UK for last 16 years. I am polish citizen, I applied for leave to remain number and I receive it long time ago. There is lots of people saying that I need settlement status is that correct? Thank you for your help
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I leave in UK, I'm Polish, like I said I have leave to ramein
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I didn't
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 17 days ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome to JA

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 17 days ago.

Do you have a permanent residence at present in the UK?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi no I don't the only thing I have like I said is the number what's called leave to remain in UK
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 17 days ago.

As a Polish citizen, you should have either a residence card or a permanent residence card.

Regardless, you should apply for settled status before 31 June 2021. This is a must.

The link for the application is below:

Thank you