Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

It’s about my mum she has an Italian passport but wants to

Customer Question

It’s about my mum she has an Italian passport but wants to get neutralized in the uk, before the 30th June. My mum is 79.how do I go about this?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: uk no not spoken to solicitor
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none because of the EU settlement scheme I’m now panicking to get it done for her
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: well my mother’s passport ran out in the 80s she never went anywhere as she doesn’t like flying. That’s the problem I have at present
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
could I please have some advice?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon, Does your mother have a permanent residence, settled status in the UK?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Mum came over to the uk in 1964 then got married in 66. I don’t think so
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Don’t have any documentation on her being neutralised
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

Alright. Your mother must apply for a settled status first, once it is approved, she can apply to be naturalised as British After one year unless she is married to a British Citizen.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My father died in 2016
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

All right, she must apply for a settled status first and after naturalisation as a British Citizen.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok thank you.. I’ve spoken to a solicitor and we are going to see them tomorrow
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.

Most welcome! Good luck

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 19 days ago.