How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 975
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

I am kamaljit Kaur living in Birmingham (82 Gardens,B21

Customer Question

Hi I am kamaljit Kaur living in Birmingham (82 Andrew Gardens,B21 9PW). I have summited my and my sons application for indefinite to the Home Office last year on22nd of April.Till now I haven’t got any information regarding my application. I am working in BCHC NHS trust ,they have suspended me from my job because my status of working is not there.Please help me with this
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Indian,I have summited all the required documents through the solicitor
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Yes actually nothing is happening
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

Good evening and welcome to JA.

Have you tried contacting your solicitor? It is uncommon for the Home Office to take thins long to reach the decision.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I was there in his office today
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Can you please tell me anything about on this matter
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

What your lawyer has advised?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
He said the Home Office is not responding to any mails or calls
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

Your lawyer must contact them as soon as possible and after your lawyer may involve your local MP (Member of Parliament) to chase them, they will reply.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

One year is long enough for your lawyer to chase them! especially that you have been suspended from your work.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Today he have talked to the MP he is not in Birmingham ,he is back on Friday.
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

I see. It is important to involve MP here as they tend to reply quicker to them.

Meantime, your lawyer can write a letter to your employer, explaining that your right of work is not affected until you are waiting for a decision. This not always works though. It is still worth trying.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks for your advice,actually I am very stressed. Thanks lots
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

I can understand, I am sorry for that. It may take a little time but it will be sorted, do not worry. Good luck

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks lots and lots
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

Thank you