LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

UK, I have been granted pre-settled status, no

Customer Question

JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have been granted pre-settled status
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello I am contacting you to ask something about my EU settlement scheme status.I was granted pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme in mid April. I was outside of the UK at the time I received my status and have not resided in the UK since December.I was planning to move back in August as restrictions lift up and with more calm but now I am reminded that if I want to apply for settled status in 5 years ( that'd be April 2026) my residence should have started in April. Given that to prove your status you only need proof of 6 months every 12 months period I was wondering:Whether I will be able to apply for settled status if I move to the UK in August and later provide evidence for 6 months over the period April 2021 - April 2022? or not as my period started in December 2020 or not at all cause I was not in the UK at the time I was granted pre-settled status?Thank you in advance for your precious adviceKind RegardsFD
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

Good morning, to qualify for settled status the five year period from April 2021- April 2026 therefore if you have exceeded the 6 month period then your settled status can be refused unless you can show that you were outside the U.K. for 12 months due to reasons such as coronavirus or medical.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

As your leave was granted in December 2020 you have already reach the 6 month period.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!