How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5419
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I came to UK in 2010, I was on student visa for 4 years. In

Customer Question

I came to UK in 2010, I was on student visa for 4 years.
In 2015 jan, the visa was applied under EU EFM, got acknowledgment letter but after received no letter. After 1 year in Jan,2016, I got a Capita letter to leave country.
That time I was in relationship with a EU national, I applied visa straight away as unmarried partner, but got refusal in July 2016. I applied for appeal, but in 2017 July, I received letter that appeal right is not there now because of SALA. So I reapplied again as an unmarried partner again and got visa in Jan, 2018 for 5 years as unmarried partner of EU national.
Unfortunately we got separated in 2019. Now I heard that my residence permit will not be valid after 30th June, 2021 and I also haven’t applied for settlement or pre settlement.
I don’t know what to do, can’t see the right way to stay in UK. Help me please
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 18 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you. I shouln't be long.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. You should apply for settled status based on retained rights of residence if you have separated now. Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. All the best.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But I was not married to her. It was just a relationship.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 17 days ago.

You had leave to be in the UK based on her as her her extended family member though did you not? You couldn't secure that now if it was your first time.