Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I have the pre-settled status in the UK and I am a student.

Customer Question

I have the pre-settled status in the UK and I am a student. What happens when I will remain unemployed? Will I be deported?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Italian, live in the UK and have pre-settled status
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

Good morning. You will not be deported from the UK if you have a pre-settled status and you are a student butt you are unemployed.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My question is what happens if I remain unemployed after I finish my studies and for how long I can stay in the country as an unemployed person.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

It will be fine even if you will be unemployed after your studies are finished. I would not advise claiming benefits though.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Could you explain me the benefits thing plese? I know that there could be issues with this, but frankly it is not clear to me.
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 21 days ago.

You are not really entitled to claim the public funds.

If you do, it will cause issues when applying for settled status in the future.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
you confirm that there is no set amount of time after which An eu person with pre-settled status who is unemployed is removed from the UK?Thanks.
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 20 days ago.

An EEA national who is the holder of a pre-settled status in the UK will not be removed from the country just because of unemployment. Thank you