INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Is there any possibility that (my child 10 months) can

Customer Question

Is there any possibility that (my child 10 months) can sponsor my partner (we are unmarried)to get visa under EU scheme application or EEA family permit applicationMe and my child are both french and got pre-settlement status
The child is not yet written under my partner name as he was not there in the time of birth but he got a DNA test proving he is the biological father
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

You can make an application based on the relationship with an EEA National.

Any application should.be submitted by the end of June to obtain pre-settled status.

Therefore, as the parent of an EEA child, your Partnwr woild be able to apply.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. I already got a refusal based on the relationship with an EEA national. That’s why I am evaluating my options and wondered if my baby could sponsor me?
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

You will be eligible to apply as the parent of an EEA National child.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Could you please send me the official government link to apply?
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/applying-for-settled-status?utm_campaign=EU_SettlementScheme(apply)&utm_medium=PaidSearch&utm_source=GoogleBing&utm_content=ExpandedLink&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=Cj0KCQjw--GFBhDeARIsACH_kdaaPPvzfJyVoqAXKVJRl1ZVSn-rRk6HHEBVVomJKg96VQfj1y9mltQaAoEbEALw_wcB

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Would I be applying as a “the primary carer of a British, EU, EEA or Swiss citizen”
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Or “the child of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who used to live and work in the UK, and you’re in education - or you’re the child’s primary carer”
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Would my partner apply for a family permit as the “primary carer of an eea child in the UK who is financially independent (‘self-sufficient’)? How to prove that my 10 months old baby is financially independent?
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

Yes, you would be the primary carer