How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2877
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Please I have a question to ask regarding ILR for Spouse

Customer Question

Hello. Please I have a question to ask regarding ILR for Spouse Visa next year
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Hi. Its regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain application. I am on Spouse Visa and my ILR is coming up next year
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: However, my husband had been made redundant back in August and is still struggling to find employment and he has also has some health issues. He was always above the threshold. However I have started working through agency in schools as TA but unfortunately I won't be able to earn £18,600 on my own
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We may struggle to produce 6payslips at the required amount? If this happens, how else can we satisfy the requirements and be able to get ILR. I have been living here for about 10, 11 on different visas. We cannot rely on savings route
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
My ILR application is due to be made before 22March next year which n reality there is no much time
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
At the moment I am doing supply work in schools as TA through agency and I won't be able to get anything permanent or start before September which by then will be too late to produce 6payslips . Working as TA I won't be able to meet the threshold. Could I do work with two different agencies in order to do that?, and what about when there is summer holidays in schools, would I still be classed as employee and be getting paysplip? I am so confused at what to do. My husband when he worked earned above the threshold but he has been struggling to come by work in his field or else. I am really worried that we may not be able to produce 6payslips or that I would be myself but it won't be enough to meet the required amount.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JA

I am a UK Lawyer and will be happy to assist you today

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi. I have already posted the question. Could you read through it or should I paste it again?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No please if you can type its better for me as I have hearing impairment and I struggle to hear. Thank you.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

What was your and your husband's combined income for the past 12 months, did it exceed £18,600?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
My husband was unemployed and I was only working part -time which wasn't even enough to pay taxes with
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Also regarding P60 working with agency I will only have it in April next year which will be late by then
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
My husband is still unemployed
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

For tax year 20-21 was your income or your husband's income £18,600? If it was not, you cannot rely on the past 12 months.

If however your husband has had visas as you mention for a continuous period of 10 years, he can still apply for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No neither of us. It is actually me who is applying , my husband is British and no I was not here continuously as I left the country 3- 4times when applying for visas.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Could we apply for extension instead? If we managed to produce 6payslips with required amount, this is OK? Yes? Do you mean 10 years contunously by not leaving the country?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Or either way?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Was there not meant to be Home Office changing rules to do something regarding this situation with Covid 19 as many couples will be struggling
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

Yes you can apply for an extension instead

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Right OK thank you. And the same rules apply I am guessing or it is different?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

You will be granted an extension and the same rules will apply

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I see. Ok thank you for your help
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

Most Welcome