LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My daughter is working in the UK on a tier 2 visa. She is a

My daughter is working in the UK on a tier 2 visa. She is a director in an indian firm owned by her and her mother. Can she continue being a director while working in the UK on a tier 2 visa?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: No.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.

Good morning, in the U.K. if you are on a tier 2 then you are allowed to work up to 20 hours in the same sector therefore if you are director outside the U.K. you should not be running a business and being on a Tier 2 at the same time.

What sector do you work in for Tier 2?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Consultancy
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can I get an answer through chat?

On tier 2 you cannot run another business.