How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1710
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My daughter is working in the UK on a tier 2 visa. She is a

This answer was rated:

My daughter is working in the UK on a tier 2 visa. She is a director in an indian firm owned by her and her mother. Can she continue being a director while working in the UK on a tier 2 visa?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: No.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.

Good morning, in the U.K. if you are on a tier 2 then you are allowed to work up to 20 hours in the same sector therefore if you are director outside the U.K. you should not be running a business and being on a Tier 2 at the same time.

What sector do you work in for Tier 2?

LawyerAk and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can I get an answer through chat?

On tier 2 you cannot run another business.