How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 15884
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

We are Uk citizens coming to Bulgaria to buy a property and

Customer Question

We are Uk citizens coming to Bulgaria to buy a property and set up a company and live there self employed- do we need a d visa or does a residency permit negate this .?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: not yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we will have approx 80k to live on initially as we are not Uk pension age we will not be drawing a Uk pension
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Nothing to add at present
Expert:  INC Law replied 9 days ago.


Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you today.

Which country has issued the residence permit?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Non yet but we believe when we set up a company to buy a house and garden we will be given a residence permit ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We want to move from Uk to Bulgaria
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is what I am told correct ?
If we buy a house and garden and set up a company do we get residency in Bulgaria
Expert:  INC Law replied 9 days ago.


The requirements for obtaining a Bulgarian residence permit are as follows: -

  • Signing a rent contract for twelve months as evidence of accommodation in Bulgaria (full assistance is provided) or providing a property deed;

  • A valid European Health Insurance Card – EHIC . If you do not have a valid EHIC card you have to buy a local health insurance. The cost of the insurance is 75 Euros for 12 months.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Your answer does help thank you
So if we go out and buy a property with a garden do we need a long stay s visa or does the fact we have a permanent address negate this ?
Expert:  INC Law replied 9 days ago.

If you have permanet residence in Bulgaria, it would negate the requirement for a visa.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What are the advantages and pit falls of buying an existing Bulgarian company as opposed to setting up our own ?
Expert:  INC Law replied 9 days ago.

Buying a shelf company is normally quicker but you may have to amend the articles and memorandum

If you set it up yourself and use a local lawyer, it could be expensive.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How would we find out if there was debt attached to an already established company?
Expert:  INC Law replied 9 days ago.

I would suggest engaging a local lawyer to carry out the transaction for you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please can you confirm the following:If we buy an established company that owns a house and garden in Bulgaria be enough to obtain a residence permit to live in the country for longer than 90 daysWe have seen a property that suits our needs and we want to live there permanently
Expert:  INC Law replied 5 days ago.

According to the information available online, yes you would. However, I would suggest you engage a local lawyer in Bulgaria before proceeding forward.

Kind regards,