Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

My female friend is Brazilian and she has married a

Customer Question

my female friend is Brazilian and she has married a portuguese and brazilan passport holder who has permanent UK residency. She married by proxy in Brazil a few weeks ago. On going out to portugal with for a honeymoon she was refused entry as said she has not entry clearance under 9.14.1? she also overstayed her tourist visa so she was sent back to Portugal...please advise as she is very distraught, regards ***** *****
JA: What steps has your friend taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your friend live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: she hasn't taken any yet she was sent back yesterday to Portugal. She has been living In the UK for 20 months. She has a Brazilian citizenship. She says her husband submitted forms to Home office and she says she has a biometric email from the Home oFFICE
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tourist visa?
Customer: no...she had a tourist visa but stayed beyond which has caused more problems ...i'm a friend in sao paulo (English) whop is trying to resolve this...she thinks she can get in if she waits for a biometric test but i think that is not relevant to the problem in hand
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Online application submittedDate: 4 Jun 2021
Name: Ayla martins Da silva
Visa: European Family Permits
Fee paid: No payment required
Reference: GWF061304869
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 18 days ago.

Further to your question, you would require a family permit to travel to the UK.

Has an application been made to the Home office?

It seems like an application has been made for a family permit, however she cannonly travel to the UK once it has been granted.

Can you confirm what country the family permit application was made from?