How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4486
Experience:  Director at No.53 Legal Limited
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I am on spouse visa and would like to seperate from my

Customer Question

hi good day i am on spouse visa and would like to seperate from my partner as he is treating me bad is there any way i could still stay im the uk
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: afghanistan i have lived here for 4 years
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: would i be allowed to marry againg without going back
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. If you are here on a spousal visa and your relationship is over you are obligated to inform the Home Office as soon as possible, and will then need to apply for an alternative visa or leave the country. You can find out more here, as well as find the contact details of where you email to notify the home office:

You will obviously need to change your visa as soon as the relationship is over (it's when you end the relationship, not when divorce takes place that ends your spousal visa), so naturally you will not be able to get married again until you are divorced.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.

  1. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  2. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  4. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  5. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hi what visa can i apply for after i inform the home office
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

You will need to look at the available visas on the link I provided and see which suits your circumstances.