SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

How do I start to make an application for my brother to join

How do I start to make an application for my brother to join and help me after a medical procedure?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: My medical consultant has given me a letter in support but I do not know how to begin. I am in the UK Visas portal but cannot see the section for UK citizens making a Visa application
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am going for a medical procedure and I live alone. I need a relative to support me after the procedure
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (QS63Q1V)

Good morning welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and I have reviewed your question for you.

There is really no visa for a visa national to come and assist a person that is subject to immigration control in the UK. They would need to apply for a visitor's visa which will give them 6 months and hopefully the assistance will not require them to stay longer than the 6 months as the visitor visa can not be extended from within the UK. If you were a child who was British and needed a parent to come to look after you or you were a parent and the person coming was a child thne dependant visa wold be an option.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. All the best

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK good stuff