ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I am trying to apply for Eu settlement scheme through app

Customer Question

Hi , i am trying to apply for Eu settlement scheme through app but it asking for Eu passport or biometric card ,which I don’t have
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have Indian passport with Eu settlement scheme family permit on it.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How can we check your identity document1.Use the ‘EU Exit: ID Document Check’ iPhone app or Android app2.Book an appointment to scan my identity document in person3.Enter my document details online and send my identity document by postWhat option should I select?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Kindly give me a minute, I am reviewing what you have typed to provide a written response.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for your enquiry and patience.

You would submit your Indian passport with the relevant pages that makes you eligible for the EU settlement scheme. It perhaps is best to select option 2 which allows you to take in your document. This will then arrange for an appointment to be book at one of the centres.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Option 2 :You can only use this service if you have one of the following:biometric passport from an EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland
UK-issued biometric residence cardI don’t have any of above
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Were you just given a stamp in your passport? with the EU residence family permit?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
India
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My husband holding Portuguese nationality
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

The option to select would be the option that allows for you to attach the permit you are relying on. if you are able to thereafter submit the document being relied on by post or via in person service then you can do so.

You would simply required to attach the pages of the passport that makes you eligible for the scheme.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How will I get Eu settlement scheme card ?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

It would be sent to you in the post.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t need to go for biometric appointment
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need to apply online and send documents for verification by post
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Right ?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

No you do not. If an appointement is required you will be notified. The home office is however able to make the decision via the documents submitted by post.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks , because 2 months back my cousin arrived to uk same as me and she had to visit UKVCAS for her biometric appointment
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

I understand.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi ,I am stucked on below questionDo you want to get your parent or guardian's settled status?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

This question is if your parent/guardian were applying for EU status through you. It would not be applicable to you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

You are welcome