Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

Ellen, Congleton, Cheshire, My tier-2 General visa coming to

Customer Question

Hi Ellen
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Congleton, Cheshire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My tier-2 General visa coming to expire in 3 weeks time am fine to apply for ILR for myself
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thats it please connect me with the lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My question is about my spouse ILR, as here tier-dependant only started from 05-08-2016, is she eligible to apply for ILR now?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

Good evening and welcome to JA. How many years it has been that your spouse has a Tier 2 dependant visa?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
she got it from 05-08-2016 till 26-06-2021 ...12 days short for 4 years 11 months
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

Did she get this visa at the same time as yours?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no i got it first then applied for her
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
she would be okay if she applies from 7th of July, but the problem is her visa expiring on 26-June
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

I understand. In general, applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would reach the end of the specified period, but the issue here is that your wife's visa expires before she reaches her 5 years.

There are two way as I see here: 1) Apply for an extension and then vary the application

2) Apply for an extension and once approved apply for ILR, request an IHS refund.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

If she will apply straight away for ILR, it may be approved and maybe not. It depends on the caseworker working on the case.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks Tamari
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If i apply for extension i had to go for three years its lot of money and time waste etc, will take a chance and apply for ILR along with mine on normal service, which usually takes 6 months so chances of getting it are more
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 10 days ago.

You are most welcome. I wish you a good luck