LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I just need some guidance on the possibility or otherwise of

Customer Question

Hi,I just need some guidance on the possibility or otherwise of a group immigrants on Tier 2 visa setting up an investment company here in England
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

Good morning, if planning to sponsor employers to come on a skilled work visa you would first need to look at the job occupation list to see the roles accepted. I will send further guidance.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

Do you have a sponsor license?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I and a few of my friends who work in the NHS are exploring the possibility of setting up an investment company to invest in properties. We currently all are on Tier 2 visa and we were told that because we are on employer sponsored visa we can't set up a company. We do not want to bring in people to work in England, we are looking at pooling our resources together and buying properties that we can in turn let out via letting or property management agencies. Our role will just be to fund the investments.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

Unfortunately on a tier 2 visa you cannot set up a company therefore if looking to switch to innovator visa you would be required to have £50,000 in investment funds and also your business would need to be approved by an endorsed body which thinks the business idea will be good in the market.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How about some of us who are on spouse visa, is there a chance they can set up a company?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

On a spouse visa you can be self employed but you would still be required to show support from spouse.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
At what point can we be qualified to set up an investment portfolio while still in our current jobs? A few of us though should be getting our ILR in about a year from now.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

It would be better to start up your business when you receive ILR if you are currently in employment.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK, thanks for your guidance.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care