LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My son's ex Wife A South African citizen currently living in

My son's ex Wife A South African citizen currently living in Bahrain. would like to move to the UK with my son's Daughter ( 6 years old with dual UK/ South African passports)
JA: What steps has your son taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your son live in? If different, what is his citizenship?
Customer: No steps taken as yet UK citizen living in UK
JA: Has your son talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NO

Good

After

Afternoon, your sons ex wife can apply to come to the U.K. on the basis of the child on parent visa as the child is British she would be required to show she is actively involved in the upbringing of the child to proceed.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there any requirement to prove that she can financially support herself and her daughter, my son may well be prepared to contribute to these costs for his daughter. Would they be entitled to NHS / Schooling or any other benefits

She would need to show that she financially supports her daughter on regular basis such as school and living expenses there is no certain amount amount. When they come to the U.K. there will be access to free school and the NHS.