How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1695
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am non -EU-divorced from an EU citizen spouse and I now

Customer Question

I am non -EU-divorced from an EU citizen spouse and I now have an EU settlement -Indefinite. I want to sponsor my child who is non-EU and lives outside the UK to join under EUSS-Family. Can I sponsor my child and what regulations allow me to bring daughter under EUSS?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

Good afternoon, how old is your child?

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

If your child is under 18 then you can bring your child to the U.K. under dependent child visa. As your are non eea national and now divorced under the Eu settlement scheme this would not pass down to your child therefore it would be under dependent child as you have ILR.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She is 18 years
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for your reply! I had some people saying that I can sponsor a dependent child but I doubted their position. Thanks!
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

The child would need to be under 18.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Now that the child is 18 years, are there any other options that would be available for my situation?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

The child can look at skilled work visa if she can obtain sponsorship from company or student visa if wishing to do further studies.