How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5428
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I would like to create a service contract on behalf of my

Customer Question

I would like to create a service contract on behalf of my sponsor for consulting as a I am paid by my sponsor and I need to work for a third party ,what type of contract is this?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 15 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and I have reviewed your question for you. You should be careful that by doing this and if you are working for that other company for more than 20 hours you are not breaching the terms of your permit. That aside the contract would be a service contract; can be a subcontract agreement; can be a consultancy agreement. What you will be doing will determine what type of contract you end up drafting. Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Glad alwys to clarify.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
my sponsor is sending me, as a consultant to another company for developing software and every month he is going to invoice the other company for my work and he pay my regular salary
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 14 days ago.

So the contract is not yours they can have an agreement for supply of consultant and name you as the consultant in which case your employment status is not affected but you do not have a contract in your name, the two have a commercial agreement and you are nominated as the individual who is going to complete the mandate.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would like to see a sample contract for this purpose
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 14 days ago.

Hi, you would like to see a template from me? I do not do templates. However there is a premium service for drafting agreements and your sponsor could take advantage of that and we can assist with drafting. This is somethibg your employer should be doing though, not sure why it is your responsibility.