LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I wish for girl who is a brazil national to come to the UK

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I wish for girl who is a brazil national to come to the UK to work as an au pair. She is currently in Luxembourg working as au pair, her contract there expires in few days but she was advised that she could come here to the UK for the initial 90 days as a tourist and then we could sort out her paperwork? Is that correct or does she need to apply for work visa? If so what is the process? What forms she needs to fill in and what do I need to do from my side?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a British citizen, live in the UK, work as a dentist.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the work visa?
Customer: No. Haven't taken any steps yet. I am not sure what do I need to do and what she needs to do from her side
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I hope they can help / advice.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, the girl would need to apply for a skilled work visa beforehand to work as an au pair and cannot apply whilst on tourist visa in the U.K. A certificate of sponsorship would be required from employer before she proceeds with application.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. Is there only one type of visa regardless of the type of work she wants to do?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

Unfortunately this would be the visa for work.