SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I have a question to ask about my Visa status, Please I am

Hello I have a question to ask about my Visa status
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Please I am going for a divorce. I have a family remember EU card. I want to know if I will be able to renew my card after five years without my husband document
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to know if I apply a right to remain in the uk. It is going to help me in future when I will renew my card
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Applying for a right to remain in UK . Can also apply for my indefinite . I am asking because of the divorce going on. Or do you think getting a divorce will affect my renewing of my stay in the Uk
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.Firstly you can only apply for ILR after having been in the UK for 5 years.I would therefore imagine that you currently have pre settled status under the EU settlement scheme.When it comes to the 5 year mark you will be bale to apply for asylum. You won't be prevented from applying or being granted because of the divorce. You have a retained right of residence because of the divorce.I am happy to clarify further if you have more questions.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My five years Family member EU card will expire in 2024. I am thinking of how I will get my indefinite card when iam divorce. Can right to stay
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I did not recieve any call and I have made a payment of £44
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It was lovely speaking with you.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Good morning
Good morning,
How can I help?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My solicitor said I need my husband Reference number to submit together with my pre settle application. I have already applied yesterday night. I cant not get his reference number sent to him when he applied last year.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He said because I am an EU family member. So they will ask for it. Now I don't know if they will reject my application because of that
Do you not have any old paperwork or copies that might contain the reference?As sad as it is, you might have to ask your ex for the reference. As you are still married at this time you will have to provide his reference.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you
Happy to help, well done applying for pre settled status.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Good afternoon Sir, please I would like to know if I can apply for right to remain in the UK before filing for a divorce. I have already applied for eu pre settlement scheme yesterday. Thank you.
you would be continuing on with your current visa. You would not be able to extend this before your divorce unless it was expiring before your divorce or you had another reason to apply.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay , thank you
Thanks for following up.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hello again
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I want to ask if I will be given a card or a letter for right to remain after application.
You would probably get a letter granting and a biometric residence permit also.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay.
All the best
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Pls can I know the requirements I need for the application
The current requirements are at 14 to 17 of the document at the link below.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/867926/free-movement-rights-retained-rights-of-residence-v5.0ext.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiv1-iX8pLxAhUQExQKHaWWD0oQFjAKegQIGxAC&usg=AOvVaw0C-j3vi44YPDNpyP7N7U4I
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you very much
Happy to help
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No worries
Customer: replied 4 hours ago.
Good morning
Hello again
Customer: replied 4 hours ago.
Is is true if I have a pre settle status I dont need to apply for right to remain
That is correct, it is what I advised you initially if you remember. You'll only need to apply again when it comes to settled status at which point you'll rely on the fact that you have divorced a EEA national.
Customer: replied 3 hours ago.
You said I should apply for pre status, divorce, and lastly right to remain
The right to remain indefinitely, this is would be known as settled status.
Customer: replied 2 hours ago.
I am asking because the solicitor am using advice I should apply for pre settlement status first , divorce second and thirdly right to remain in the UK.
Customer: replied 2 hours ago.
a friend of mine who is a lawyer told me that pre settlement staus and right to remain are the same. I should apply for pre settlements status and forget right to remain. I am confused about everything. I have already applied for pre settlement and divorce. I am scared what will become of me iin 2024 if I did not apply for right to remain
Getting such varied advice is likely to cause confusion.1. The pre settled status was the most important thing as the deadline for that was soon approaching.2. Since you have done that, just wait for the decision and then proceed with the divorce.3. Before brexit you'd have had to apply for right to remain as there was no pre settlement scheme then. Now it has changed to pre settled status and settled status. When you get to 5 years in the UK as an EEA migrant you can apply for settled status.https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/switch-from-presettled-status-to-settled-statusThe issue you were having is that youll be divorced by the time you get to apply for settled status so you'll need to have evidence of that then.Kind regardsS