How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1746
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I have the uk settlement and my wife has the pre-settlement

Customer Question

hello, i have the uk settlement and my wife has the pre-settlement status. We have an 8 years old boy, a two years old girl both born in France with a new born girl born here in the uk. Do I need to apply for a pre or settlement for my 8 and 2 years old as well? regarding my new born girl, is she automatically a uk citizen or is there something else I have to do for her?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i live in the UK for 11 years now. I have registered my new born and just got her british birth certificate. My son is in school and my two year little girl is still not registered in the nursery school because of her age. Too early!
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no, not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing else
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

Good morning, your daughter who was born in U.K. would not automatically be a British citizen you would need to apply for pre settled status for them. Once you receive settled status the children will qualify for naturalisation as a British citizen.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!