How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1382
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

Recently I aply and I have received my british passport and

Customer Question

Hello, recently I aply and I have received my british passport and I am a british citizen but I live in cyprus. Now i want to aply for british naturalisation and I want some papers to prove that I have lived in the uk from 7/9/1985 until 17/2/1992.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I didn't filed any papers yet but I have the airport stamps on my old passport when I entered and lived from the uk.I also have my medical card my driving licence and a reference number on a form when I aplied for naturalisation back at 1989 which they were telling me to aply again on september 1990 but I didn't aply. Now I lived in cyprus.I have a british passport and I am a british citizen.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 15 days ago.


Further to your question, if you have a British passport then in most circumstances you do not require to be naturalised as British as you are already British.

Can I confirm whom requires you to naturalise?

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have two kids 8 and 11 and when i aplied for them for a british passport they told me I need a british naturalisation
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 15 days ago.


You can request for your naturalisation certificate from the Home Office. I will send you the link shortly.

Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 15 days ago.

Please search the archives as normally you cannot obtain a British Passport without a naturalisation certificate.

Kind Regards