Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have been talking, emailing, phoning a lady in Ukraine for

Customer Question

Hello , my name is ***** *****
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have been talking , emailing , phoning a lady in Ukraine for over 5 years and I would like her to move to the U.K. and marry me . How do I start the procedure?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: She has been to the U.K. before , on business, she has her own money . She is living in Georgia with her father where they own an apartment and her father will live . Viktoria has approached the british embassy in Tbilisi and they are moving very slowly
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are both happy to do what ever we need to , to accommodate the proceedings.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Hi there,

Could you please confirm your nationality please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
British
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

You would need to get her fiancé visa for her

To qualify for a fiancé visa you must satisfy the following criteria:

• You and your future spouse must be at least 18 years of age

• You and your future spouse must have met each other

• You and your future spouse must intend to live together on a permanent basis once married

• You must show that any previous relationship that you or your partner were involved in has ended (whether it was as a married or an unmarried couple)

• You and your future spouse must have enough funds to support yourselves (and any dependants) without claiming public funds

• You must be earning a minimum of £18,600 per annum or have savings to be able to sponsor you. The level of this financial requirement will increase if you are also sponsoring children as dependants

• You must have suitable accommodation available for you, your future spouse and any dependents.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

After your marriage , she can switch to spouse visa from within the UK.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can she visit me on a tourist Visa ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We both have more than enough money
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Yes, she can visit you on a standard visitor visa as well, and stay with you for a period of 6 months.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

she can apply for a standard visitor visa. It allows the visitor to stay in the UK for a period of up to 6 months.

The standard visitor visa can be applied online using the below weblink-

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Following information is required for applying-

• the dates visitor is planning to travel to the UK

• details of where visitor will be staying during the visit

• how much you think your trip will cost and financial proof of sufficient amount of money for the trip

• If any one sponsoring the trip, then they need the name and address of anyone paying for your trip financial statement from the sponsor

• the name, address and passport number of any sponsor with a copy of their British passport in support of visitor`s application.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

If you are sponsoring the trip, then you would need to provide the proof of your finances and adequate accommodation for the visitor, along with the copy of your British passport.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Viktoria can apply fir this visa on herself ?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Yes, she would have to apply for visitor visa, using the above given weblink

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily further assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.