Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I am an international student and I have read the guidance

Hello, I am an international student and I have read the guidance on the requirements for applying for the post-study work visa but I am not sure if I am eligible.
I am a 2019-2020 graduate who will still have a valid student visa when the graduate route will be introduced on July 1, 2021. Will I be eligible to apply or is there a requirement that I need to graduate in 2021?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am from Mauritius and I am currently in the UK. I haven't taken any steps yet but if I am eligible for the PSW, I will apply when it opens on July 1, 2021.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the work visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Hi there,

From 1 July 2021, international students who have successfully completed an undergraduate or master’s degree will be able to benefit from two years’ work experience in the UK upon graduation, through the new Graduate Route.

Students can apply online ,regarding the completion of their course, Universities are required to notify UKVI of all its students who meet the eligibility criteria. Students must not apply online for the Graduate visa until after they have received confirmation from the University that your details have been sent to UKVI

You need to be graduating in 2021, to be eligible for it.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
you mean that I am not eligible even though I have a valid student visa and I have already graduated just because I graduated in 2020?

Exactly.