How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2643
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I have been living in UK for almost 10 years, I have

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have been living in UK for almost 10 years, I have settlement status. I am from Lithuania. Came to UK because of difficult financial situation for me in Lithuania. 2008 my partner has taken loan from the bank in Lithuania, I was a guarantor. He did not pay the loan back and bank asked me to pay all money back. The bank has taken me to court. I am single parent, my son is 14 years old and extra expenses is not affordable for me. Could I expect to get financial help here in UK? Thank you. Jolita
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Near the London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: It happened very recently so I have not taken any steps yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do not know. What it would be?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Hi there,

Unfortunately you can not get any financial help from UK authorities for paying off your foreign debt .

However, you can approach private UK banks for a personal loan, for repaying the pending debt .


if you are on low income and you and your partner have £16,000 or less in savings between you, then you can apply for Universal credit for help with your day- to -day expenses.

Further information on eligibility and how to apply for universal credit, please click the below weblink-

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2643
Experience: Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Vineet S and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you