LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I wanted to ask some questions regarding the EU Settlement

Customer Question

Hello, I wanted to ask some questions regarding the EU Settlement Scheme after I received the decision, would that be something you could help me with? Is this chat a secure place to share some details and do you keep the data and information confidential?
JA: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Immigration Lawyer and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems.
Customer: What do you mean by 'gets published'? Is it going to be visible anywhere?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Can you please tell me where the question is published?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Excuse me, are you a real person or a robot?
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to talk to the lawyer and find out if the information I share will be visible anywhere
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 4 days ago.

Good evening, please could attach copy of decision?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Good evening, is it possible to have a call now? It would be more efficient for me
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok, I did not know about the costs, before going into details, will my question be visible anywhere? I would like everything to be 100% invisible to the public
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello?
I was granted the settled status, but I was unaware I would be eligible, I want to check if this is correct
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I applied in February 2021 and used the evidence from September 2020 showing that I was in the UK then (boarding pass, bank account statement showing that I used my card, etc.). I talked to some agents at the resolution center back in 2020 to ensure that this is enough to get the status (I assumed pre-settled status) , provided that I apply by March 2021.I submitted my application while being abroad - I went to the UK in September 2020, planning to return at the beginning of 2021 (I was still looking for a job in the UK), but I suffered a serious injury outside of the UK in January and have not been able to travel yet.In my application I added my National Insurance Number, I lived and worked in the UK before and I had it. In the last few months I was asked twice to upload some more evidence, which was unclear to me, as I assumed I should not have been asked to do so, but I tried to add the things I had.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Excuse me, could you please confirm that you are still there and that whatever I write here will be 100% confidential before I proceed into details?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 4 days ago.

I will send request for premium service to discuss matter as the conversation is visible. For settled status you must have been resident in the for the last 5 years.