LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I want to ask a question, but I don't want anything to be

Hello, I want to ask a question, but I don't want anything to be published, is it possible?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I got a settled status I did not know I am eligible for, I want to check that to be sure that all is correct
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to talk to the lawyer, but I do not want my question to be published anywhere, is this possible?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Sir?

Good evening, with settled status you can have access to benefits such as universal credit, housing benefit and if wishing to purchase a property can also do so.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Good evening again, could you please confirm that my question won't be published anywhere?
I would like to add more personal details
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Excuse me, could you please let me know how to get a response without publishing my question? I do not want my information to be visible to anyone

You would need to speak to customer service regarding any publishing I am a lawyer. You can contact them at***@******.***

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello again, sorry for the delay. I was granted settled status, when I thought I would be eligible for pre-settled status only. I am wondering if there could have been a clericar error here, and whether it can be checked/I should do something about it. I am very happy with this decision, but this is not what I expected and I want to make sure that all my papers are fine.

If you have not been resident in the U.K. for 5 years the. It would be an error and therefore you would need to notify the home office.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is it possible that the Home Office made an error? I do not understand all regulations, but I did not think I would qualify based on the evidence ai uploaded anyway. Should they grant the right status then? I am worried that my application would be rejected and I would end up with no status at all, as I would have no sufficient evidence to submit another application at this point

Where you in the U.K. for 5 years at the time of application that will determine?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I did not understand your question. I worked in the UK until 2017, left for studies and came back to the UK regularly , but did not work there anymore

I suggest you obtain a subject access request and then you can see what is on your immigration record.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It is possible that I might have submitted something misleading by mistake, I have only now realised that, can this be clarified and reviewed? What should I do about this?

Then you would need to contact the home office and inform them if there is a change of circumstances so you will not be done for deception.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don't understand the regulations and I don't know what might have gone wrong, and what could have been incorrect. If this is clarified, would I get the pre-settled status, as I thought I should?

If it’s a clerical error from home office you should receive pre settled status if it’s an error on your part then the home office can investigate as to what was originally submitted.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Am I at risk of facing some legal consequences, if I was unaware of something/if I missed something?

The home office can say it was deception if something was submitted which enabled you to receive the settled status and you were not suppose too.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I contacted the Home Office immediately, I was not aware that I qualify for early settlement. The Home Office agent assured me that my application has been thoroughly checked and no mistake has been made and my panic was unnecessary. Thank you for your advice!