How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1710
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I'm here with a pre-settled status. I got married by proxy

This answer was rated:

Hello, I'm Italian and I'm here with a pre-settled status. I got married by proxy wedding some days ago with a Colombian girl and I'd want to apply for a family-visa for her to come here. Can you help me?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in London, I still didn't do anything. I just got married the 4th of this month.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Just one but the conversation was interrupt for personal reasons and we didn't do anything. I totally broke any contact with that lawyer.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: yes, there is...Customer: yes, there is...

Good afternoon,

Marriage by proxy can be difficult to obtain a family visa with because you were not both present sometimes the home office dispute the genuineness of the relationship.

Was there a particular reason why it was by proxy.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Because she is in Colombia and I'm in UK

I tried calling please let me know when to call back.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Call me right now please.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I didn't have enough time to take the call

As per our conversation please see link for Solicitor to take on your case registered through law society.

Documents you must provide

You must provide:

a valid passport

2 passport size colour photographs

evidence of your relationship to your family member – for example a birth certificate, marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate or proof that you’ve lived together for 2 years

your family member’s valid passport or national identity card (or a certified copy if you cannot provide the original)

evidence that your EU, EEA or Swiss citizen family member was resident in the UK by 31 December 2020 If your family member has been in the UK for more than 3 months, you must show that they have a permanent residence document or provide evidence that they are:

working - for example an employment contract, wage slips or a letter from an employer

self-employed - for example contracts, invoices or audited accounts with bank statements

studying - for example a letter from the school, college or university

financially independent (‘self-sufficient’) - for example bank statements

Your partner must have full health insurance (comprehensive sickness insurance) if they’re studying or self-sufficient.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The two photos, do they have to be both mine and hers?

Photos together if you have any.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We don't have photos together

Then other documents such as chats as discussed.