Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I have dual US citizen (1998) and UK citizen by birth. My UK

I have dual US citizen (1998) and UK citizen by birth. My UK passport renewal has been turned down because of a name difference on the two passports. The US passport uses middle Initial whereas the UK passport uses full name. How do I proceed. I have requested a new US passport with full name. The British passport was renewed at least twice with no problem in the past.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: UK citizen by birth - applied for renewal 4/19/2021 - rejected for name change. US citizen applied for name change 6/5/2021 US passport uses middle initial instead of full name
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have held both passport continuously from at least 1998. The UK passport expired Jan 2021
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (G3ZV62P)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Further your question, you will need to do a statutory declaration to say you are the same person and state both names that you have used. You can then send that with your current application for renewal of a British Passport.

I suggest that you speak to a local solicitor who could help you draft the same.