Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

On a visitor visa which expired last may still can't get

On a visitor visa which expired last may still can't get back to east timor help
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Have return flight but not able to return because of covid, need to know how to extend right to stay in uk or apply to stay with family

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Hi there,

A visitor visa can not be extended beyond 6 months, however if you were unable to move back to your home country due to COVID 19, then you must notify it to the Home office , so that you do not get classified as an overstayer.

You can submit your request for an exceptional assurance by emailing *****@******.*** with the following details:

• full name

• date of birth

• nationality

• Home Office, GWF or any other reference number

• type of visa

• expiry date of visa

• reason for request

• evidence of reason why you can’t leave

The subject header of your email should read “Request for an assurance”.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.