How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4809
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I want to move from the UK to the US and never return, plus

This answer was rated:

I want to move from the UK to the US and never return, plus I also want to take my Staffordshire bull terrier. What advice can you offer me please?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I currently live in the UK and would like to move to the US
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Funds are low I'm currently on benefits

Good morning, the visa route you can look at are the skilled work visa if you can get a company to sponsor you and once issued with certificate of sponsorship you can proceed to make application. I will send further guidance.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm unemployed at the moment so is there another way

Unfortunately the only other route if you were to have partner in U.K.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have a partner in the US would this be useful to me

If they are British that would help.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can't take a call at the moment as again funds are currently low
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not getting it I want to go to the US from the UK
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Surely the partner would need to be a us citizen

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate working between the U.K. and the USA.and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Are you formally engaged to your partner?

james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4809
Experience: Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
james bruce and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not yet no

Ok, then at the moment there is no way for you to really enter the USA.

Travel for the USA  is currently not allowed from the U.K. unless you are a US citizen, green card holder, of spouse of a US citizen.

As a U.K. citizen once the ban is lifted, you can go a tourist, but because you want to move here permanently you need to find a way to do that.

Finding an employer is one way, investment is another.

However, as you have a partner you could look at the K1 visa.

This allows you to enter the USA as a fiancé as long as you marry within 90 days. Then you can apply for a temporary 2 year green card, after that a 10 year green card and then citizenship.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.