Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have a query, I am currently on a TIER 2 ICT Dependent

Hi I have a query, I am currently on a TIER 2 ICT Dependent Visa and recently just got myself a permanent job as a Lead Software Tester, this occupation is in the UK skilled occupation list. I was wondering if I could apply for a UK Work Visa even if my company is not willing to sponsor my visa?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not filled any paperwork yet and I am already residing in the UK in York. My citizenship is Sri Lankan.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: now I have not *no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nopes nothing else

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Hi there,

You can not apply for work visa without the certificate of sponsorship by your employer.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi Vineet, so there is no Visa option available for me. Even though Software Testers are part of the skilled occupation list for the UK and I have been offered a permanent job here

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa( previously known as Tier 2 work visa) you must:

• work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office

• have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK

• do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations

• be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I do have points 3 and 4
just not 1 or 2
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
is there any other VISA that I could apply for?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
which I do fall under? since my occupation is in the eligible occupations list

Without the CoS , work visa is not possible.

You can stay on the current visa or look for a new employer who can sponsor your work visa.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I see, and there is no other visa option that I could apply for either?

Your best bet would really be to find an employer who can sponsor your work visa.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
hmm.. ok. Thank you for your information.

You are welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.