How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tandazani Chipato Your Own Question
Tandazani Chipato
Tandazani Chipato,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 15
Experience:  paralegal at Jemek Solicitors Limited
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tandazani Chipato is online now

My possible employer has asked me for proof of settlement

Customer Question

My possible employer has asked me for proof of settlement status. I am Polish citizen. I live an and work in UK from10/2008. I have applied for settled status 06/2021. I would like to have advise how I supposed to check my status.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I do live in UK from 10/2008 until now. I am Polish citizen. I have applied for settled status 06/2021
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do not have a lawyer and do not have any funds for lawyers help.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tandazani Chipato replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am TLC and I am glad to assist you.

Have you received a decision yet from the Home Office?

If not, then you should inform your employer you have a pending application.  You can show them any email or correspondence from the Home Office acknowledging receipt of your application or any receipts that show you have made an application to the Home Office and you are awaiting a decision.

The law allows you  to continue to work  exercising the same rights as of your previous leave until a decision is made by the Home Office.

You can advise your employer to ask the Home Office of your immigrarion status by using the Employer Checking Service on status

The Home Office will inform them of your pending application.

I wish you all the best in your application and your employment issue.

Yours sincerely